December 22, 2016
The 12 SEO Tips of Christmas
If you have been following our blog for the past year, you should have learned a lot about SEO. As a festive refresher, us at Dental Affiliate thought we would give you the 12 SEO tips of Christmas. These are the most useful SEO tips for building your online presence into one that delivers results.
- Original & Relevant Content – Websites should be filled with useful information. This includes content that is completely original and relevant to the industry. For example, if you are a dentist, you shouldn’t have information about oil changes on your website. The best way to index the content on your website is by having it be relevant and original. Plagiarism is frowned upon by Google and will deliver you no results.
- Meta Descriptions – Meta descriptions are the descriptions you see under Google listings. These should also be original and relevant to your website. The better the meta description, the more likely someone will click on your Google listing.
- Meta Tags – Meta tags are the title of your page that Google displays on searches. These should contain what the topic of the page is and any other relevant information like the city or name of the dental practice.
- Google+ Page – This should be the first step to your SEO strategy. Every business should have a verified Google+ page. This helps Google recognize your business as important and will, therefore, result in more pages being indexed in search results.
- New Website Design—Website designs play a large role in SEO. If your website takes longer than a few seconds to load, this is deemed bad by Google. Newer website designs give faster load times to give your website a better search ranking.
- Alt Tagged Photos—Alt tags on photos give search engines more information about the photo and the page it is on. For example, if you have an image of dental implants on your dental implants page, you would alt tag it as dental implants and perhaps include the city name. This gives Google the most important keywords on your website to index for.
- Link Building—Link building includes placing links throughout website content on your website to link pages together. Google crawls your website and follows these links. If all your pages connect with one another, this is great for SEO.
- Blogging—Blogging adds more content to your website which is always good for SEO. In addition, it shows search engines that you are regularly updating your website, also a bonus point.
- Social Media—Including links to social media pages makes your social media pages more SEO friendly. Posting links to your website on your social media also make your website rank better.
- Mobile Friendly Website—In 2016 it’s extremely uncommon for websites to not be mobile friendly. When people are searching for things on mobile devices, Google is more likely to rank the mobile friendly websites higher in the search.
- External Linking—External linking is linking from outside sources to the website. This can be on blogs, social media or other relevant places. The more the website is linked to and clicked on from outside sources, the more important search engines will view it as.
- Frequent Website Updates—Regular updates to the website show that the website is filled with the most up to date information, keeping it ranking at the top.
Questions About SEO?
For questions about SEO, or help implementing an SEO strategy with original content, a new website design, and social media, contact us at Dental Affiliate to speak with our experts.
December 14, 2016
Instagram is always improving and developing new features for us to enjoy. Last week, they rolled out four new features: the ability to turn off comments, the ability to “heart” comments made by other users, remove followers from your private account, and lastly, the ability to privately bookmark posts you want to return to in the future. How does this update affect you? Find out the benefits of this update below.
Turn Off Comments
If the comments on your posts are doing nothing positive for you, or you decide to post something controversial, you now can turn comments off for that post. This can help you weed out negativity on your posts, thus creating a more positive experience for your followers.
This new feature is great for channels who want to interact with their users more in a less time-consuming way. Sure, we all love receiving comments from the admin of the account, but that rarely happens. With the new heart feature, you can let your followers know that you are reading their comments by pressing the heart button. They will appreciate knowing their comments aren’t being wasted.
Remove Unwanted Followers on Your Private Account
Say you had a public account at some point but then decided you wanted to keep things private. There was no way before to remove followers, this means anyone who was viewing your profile when it was public is still viewing it when it’s private. This new feature allows you to remove these unwanted followers, creating a safer space for you. This is a great feature for companies who want their content to be exclusive to only selected users.
Privately Bookmark Posts
Say you liked a photo or video of a product you liked but didn’t have a way of saving the post other than taking a screenshot on your phone. The new bookmarking feature will allow you to bookmark posts you want to return to in the future. This is great for people who like to explore the depths of Instagram. Encourage your followers to bookmark your posts so they can return to them later.
What Is the Benefit of This Update?
This Instagram update has allowed for users to feel safer on Instagram and has a more positive experience. Users who want to eliminate negativity on their accounts or have bad followers will be able to enjoy Instagram once more. For more information about Instagram or social media marketing, contact us at Dental Affiliate today.
December 6, 2016
Think Like a Millennial
If most of your patients are midlife to senior age and you want to expand your cosmetic dentistry and preventative dentistry business, you should be working to get more millennials into your office. Millennials are generally in the age range of 18-36 years old and take different matters into consideration when searching for a new dentist as compared with older patients. Read on to learn how to capture the business of younger millennial patients.
Gain Their Trust
Gaining the trust of your patients isn’t hard to do, just don’t lie. If you offer a procedure for a higher price than other dentists in the area and you are aware of it, explain to your patient why you charge more. If you can’t deliver the results a patient wants, don’t lie to them, be honest up front. This also includes being honest with your patients about procedures they need. If they don’t need a crown and can get away with a filling, don’t lie to them so you can pocket the cash. Take your patient’s best interest in mind by considering their time and money spent at your office.
Reviews and Referrals are Important
Millennials have had internet access almost their entire lives so checking reviews before going somewhere is almost always a must, especially when it comes to choosing a dentist. If you have any bad reviews listed on your Yelp, Facebook or Google accounts, there’s a good chance that millennials will avoid you. Make sure your reviews are all positive, and if not, make sure there is evidence you have tried to make amends with the angry reviewer. In some cases, the millennial will take a word of mouth referral more seriously than online reviews, so make sure you ask all your happy patients to ask their friends and family to also come visit.
The Experience Counts
The experience includes everything from your website to a phone call to your office. If your website doesn’t make you stand out from your competitors, it’s unlikely the millennial will give you a phone call for an appointment. Your website should not only look great, but it should have all the information a patient should need when deciding on a dentist. In addition to having a great website, your social media should also make patients want to come visit you. When a new patient calls into the office, it’s important to make this phone call especially great because one bad vibe can cause the potential patient to hang up and try somewhere else.