In: Dental Affiliate News
January 28, 2016
Sure you’ve heard of email marketing, but what about video marketing? Since the invention of smartphones, society has shifted from reading written language on paper to being glued to screens, whether for reading, playing games or watching videos. Marketing has evolved with technology, therefore resulting in the recent trend of video marketing. According to data from Syndacast, by 2017, 74% of the internet’s traffic will be from videos. This doesn’t mean that there will be a significant increase in cat videos (not that I would complain), but it means that consumers will be using their time on the internet mainly for watching videos.
What exactly is video marketing?
In the dental world, it can be anything from patient testimonials, procedure overviews, a dancing toothbrush or any other video content marketing your practice. These videos will be posted on your website and social media linking to your website. Social media is key for video marketing because it’s where most people share and view videos. Think about your current Facebook newsfeed, how many posts are of videos? And how many videos do you watch? If you’re anything like me, at least half of your feed is video and if the subject catches your eye, or a friend tags you in it, you will most likely watch it. Humor is also a great approach to gain views and shares.
How can videos benefit my dental practice?
After someone views your video, what do you think they will do next? If they are viewing it on social media, they will most likely go to your page and eventually your website—resulting in higher website traffic. When someone is searching for a new dentist, they would rather watch a patient testimonial than reading one on the dentist’s website. A video testimonial will seem less forced, more personal and honest. Videos also help the prospective patient get a feel for what the environment and employees at the dentist office are like.
What kind of videos should your dental office be hosting?
First, a welcome video. You can introduce the staff, office and the dentist(s) that the patients will be visiting. Second, patient testimonial videos. In these videos, you can have patients describe their experiences at the dentist office. You can even feature some before and after photos on these videos as well. Third, videos describing special procedures or technology that is offered. Fourth, informative and fun videos—you can get creative here. For example, demonstrate how to properly brush and floss your teeth. Each of these types of videos will not only enhance your website and online presence, but also your social media. Every time your video has been liked or shared, it will reach a larger audience—thus resulting in more prospective patients.
So how can you get ahead of the game?
Start making videos now! They don’t have to be long and extravagant, they just need to catch the attention of potential and current patients. Lucky for you, we specialize in video marketing here at Dental Affiliate. You can view some of our creations here. Let us help you take part in this marketing evolution, contact us today!
July 4, 2015
While most American’s know that it’s the U.S.’s birthday on July 4th, did you also know:
- The United States spends over $1 million plus on beer alone on this day. Wow!
- On this day only two presidents signed the Declaration of Independence. Yes, that right, only 2!
- Did you know that there was a president born on the Fourth of July? It was Calvin Coolidge, our 30th President (1872).
- There were 3 Presidents that died on the Fourth of July; John Adams, James Monroe, and Thomas Jefferson.
- In 1870, Independence Day became a National Holiday. Yay; paid day off!!!
- Legend has it that national hot dog contests (& we all know how much we ❤️ hotdogs!) were started with a few immigrants proving they were more patriotic than the other. How to prove you’re the most patriotic you say? By proving you can eat the most hotdogs of coarse. Ha!
- Can you believe there was only 2.5 million people in this beautiful country when the Declaration of Independence was signed?!!! How many people live in U.S. today? The closest one to the answer will win a prize! 🎁 (please keep it fun by guessing and not googling 😉)
- In 1777 Congress decided to celebrate the Fourth of July with fireworks, bells and bonfires. This is why people blow their fingers off every year. LOL.
From your Dental Affiliate, Plastic Surgery Affiliates & San Diego Business Media teams; have a memorable, safe 4th of July weekend everyone! We wish you and yours the very best.
October 7, 2014
Facebook has long-established itself as the king of social media, with large and small businesses alike flocking to Facebook to promote themselves. It’s likely that you, yourself, have a Facebook account for your business or even personal day-to-day use, but maybe it’s time you step up on your marketing efforts. When it comes to patient retention and consumer confidence, nothing is as effective as a reliable brand and a close relationship with your loyal patients. Today, with technology at your fingertips and the tools that we make accessible for our clients, it’s easier than ever to reach out to existing and new patients for the benefit of your practice.
Building a Presence
While it is easy and free to sign up for a Facebook account and create a page for your business, it’s important to know that there’s a little more to it than that. Here’s a few simple things you can do to drastically boost and enhance your reputation and page activity.
- Post tips. Your dental patients rely on you for consult, so it’s important to make information easily available and answer questions. Simple tips can help boost activity and share your ability with your patients.
- Write and share blog posts. While quick tips are often helpful, either writing a new post or sharing an existing blog post is an effective way to comprehensively address frequent concerns or interesting topics for your patients.
- Post photos. A photo is worth a thousand words and tells a story. Whether it be spreading the culture of your practice or sharing the happiness you have brought to a patient, simply sharing a photo can help promote your practice and build a reputation.
- Ask for reviews. Reviews help prospective and existing patients feel confident about the practice they have entrusted with their mouth. Simply asking your patients to like your page and leave a brief review can drastically enhance reputation and make converting new patients easier.
- Ask questions. A key to becoming intimate with your patients is understanding their points of concern. Not only will you know what topics to discuss in your efforts, but you will be reinforcing confidence in your practice being available.
To find success in this arena, consistency is a key reason. Spending a several minutes once or twice a day can lead to very effective results and a stronger relationship with your patients. With these relationships come patient trust and loyalty, word of mouth referral, a stronger reputation leading to more prospective patients, and a better rate of conversion and retention.
At Dental Affiliate™ we strive to help our clients build confident brands and help them better connect with new and existing patients. If you’re in need of a friend in the industry, don’t hesitate to call on us.